Your Hospital Visit
River Oaks Hospital is known for offering a welcoming, concierge-like approach to caring for our patients and guests. Our hospital departments are staffed with skilled personnel who will assist you from the moment you enter our doors until the end of your visit.
At River Oaks, we strive to do everything possible for prepare you for your stay so you can concentrate on your care and recovery once you arrive. Your physician, a member of River Oaks’ medical staff, will make the arrangements for your admission. In some cases, pre-admission tests may be completed prior to the day you enter the hospital.
Your physician will let you know of any restrictions you should follow prior to your hospital visit and will provide you with any additional information you need the day before you are admitted. If you have not communicated with your physician's office, please call them and ask for any necessary instructions.
One of our primary goals is to make each patients’ admissions process quick and easy. Our Admissions staff is available Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. At other times, patients can be admitted through the Emergency Department.
To discuss your upcoming visit, please call our Admissions department at (601) 936-2368.
To expedite your admissions process faster, we have provided an option for you to complete pre-registration either online or over the phone. Whether you are here for an outpatient procedure and plan to go home the same day or will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient, pre-registration allows us to begin the paperwork for your admission. Taking care of this before your visit will eliminate several steps in the process. However, once you arrive, we will still need to gather additional information and get your signature on various hospital forms.
Please bring the following items with you
- Insurance card(s) including any secondary insurance cards or Medicare cards - Please remember to bring your insurance card with you to aid in registration. Our admitting staff copies insurance cards for your protection and to facilitate the process with insurance carriers. Please have your cards available at the time of admission.
- Your driver's license or other type of photo ID to validate your insurance.
- A list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking.
- Any paperwork your physician has instructed you to bring.
- Personal items - If you are being admitted to the hospital for an overnight stay, we suggest you bring a robe, slippers, sleepwear, toilet articles and personal items such as cosmetics or shaving supplies. Please bring a current list of medications with you including name of drug, dosage and frequency, or simply bring your prescription bottles.
All rooms are private and in-room accommodations are provided for overnight visitors.
What not to bring to the hospital
Please remember and remind guests that River Oaks Hospital is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property. If you are planning an overnight stay, please do not bring:
- Electronic devices such as laptops, iPads or radios
- Large amounts of cash
- Any other valuables
When your physician submits an order for your discharge, the nursing staff will initiate discharge procedures. This process includes ensuring all tests have been completed, follow up appointments have been set up as ordered and appropriate, and education material has been obtained.
At this time, you be asked about your preference for settling your hospital bill before you are discharged. Our business office professionals will be glad to assist you in determining your options.
Post hospital care
If you have additional questions or concerns about your post-hospitalization care or follow-up medical visits, please make sure to talk to your physician or your River Oaks’ hospitalist prior to discharge.
Our Social Work department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns about post-hospital care for you or your family members. In the event you have not already met one of our social workers, please ask your nurse for assistance in making this contact.
At River Oaks, we are committed to protecting your medical information. For information about your rights and our obligation regarding the use and disclosure of medical information, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices.
If you have concerns or issues at any point during your visit, please contact our Patient Advocate at (601) 936-1142. We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and your family members or guests.